Mission Graduates is a nonprofit organization in San Francisco, dedicated to establishing a college education as an expectation and goal for every child, thereby allowing them to find a fulfilling career and call San Francisco home. Founded in 1972, our services include a wide range of after school, in-school, summer programs and virtual programs to support students on their education journey.
Mission Graduates increases the number of K-12 students in San Francisco who are prepared for and complete a college education.
Each year, Mission Graduates reaches over 4,800 low-income children, youth, and families in San Francisco, emphasizing college as a means to achieve economic equity and strengthen the fabric of our community.
- Create a better future for our children and our community through a college-going culture.
- Support the growth and health of the whole person.
- Engage the entire family – it’s at the heart of everything we do.
- Promote equity by ensuring those those have a need receive our support and encouraging those able to give support to others.
- Cultivate leaders of all ages through our own example.
- Encourage lifelong learning for ourselves and those around us.
We believe that higher education is the strongest tool we have to level the playing field for low-income, Latinx, Black, and immigrant youth and their families. Through a shift towards college expectations for every student, racial equity, and justice initiatives, we are strengthening the fabric of our vibrant community.