What is MG Academy?
MG Academy is a virtual program designed to supplement Community Hubs and enhance learning at home. It consists of fun and enriching activities led by our talented Mission Graduates instructors.
For the start of the school year, we brought back our most popular classes and extended the length of each course.
- Want to build your child’s confidence for the school year? Sign up for One-on-One Tutoring!
- Do you want your student to continue practicing their Spanish skills? Select our Wonderful Origami class – taught entirely in Spanish.
Whichever classes you select for your child, we guarantee they’ll have fun.
Check out the fun classes we have available below – while you’re at it, meet our instructors!
Sign up to take one class or take four in a series to receive a discount! If you’re looking for some free activities to do with your students in the meantime, visit our archive of Free Resources.
Session 6: September 14 – October 2
There are so many wonderfully weird creatures roaming our world! From bats that look like Yoda to giant deep-sea squids, we’ll learn about and re-create all sorts of mysterious creatures. Join us each class as we explore the planet for mysterious animals, bugs, and beyond.
Suggested Grade Level: 1st – 4th Grade
- Monday and Wednesday: 2:30 – 3:30 PM
It’s amazing how much we can do with just one piece of paper and scissors! Come challenge yourself and create animals and creatures using just your motor skills and imagination.
Es increíble lo mucho que podemos hacer con una sola hoja de papel y unas tijeras, ven a desafiarte a ti mismo y crear animales y criaturas usando tus habilidades motoras e imaginación.
Suggested Grade Level: 2nd – 5th Grade
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2:45 – 3:45 PM
Need some support in reading, writing, or math? Perhaps you want to freshen up on some of your skills for extra practice? Join our-one on-one tutoring sessions, with tailored activities and lessons for your child’s needs.
All Grade Levels
- Monday: 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM, 2:30 – 3:00 PM, 3:30 – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 1:30 – 2:00 PM, 2:30 – 3:00 PM
- Wednesday: 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM, 3:30 – 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:30 – 2:00 PM
Need some support in reading, writing, or math in Spanish? Perhaps you want to freshen up on some of your skills for extra practice? Join our small group tutoring sessions, with specialized activities and lessons for your child’s needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one-on-one tutoring.
Suggested Grade Level: All Grades
- Monday: 1:00 – 1:30 PM
- Tuesday: 2:30 – 3:00 PM, 3:15 – 3:45 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00 – 1:30 PM
- Thursday: 2:30 – 3:00 PM, 3:15 – 3:45 PM